The names of the months in Spanish, the weather and the 4 seasons
Whenever we learn a new tongue, there are some lists of words that always are a must-learn in the very beginning of the course. Such as THE NUMBERS. The NAMES OF THE MONTHS IN SPANISH, the 4 seasons and the weather are a few of those topics that require us to learn a few new words early in our course.
The names of the months in Spanish
9: septiembre / setiembre
Las cuatro estaciones (the four seasons)
- invierno (Winter)
- primavera (Spring)
- verano (Summer)
- otoño (Autumn / Fall)
Sentences in Spanish
- Ahora estamos en diciembre. (Now we are in December)
- Ahora estamos en primavera. (Now we are in Spring-time)
- Hoy es martes tres de diciembre. (Today is Tuesday, 3rd of December)
- Hoy es un día nublado. (Today it is a cloudy day)
- Llueve. (It rains)
- Está lloviendo. (It is raining)
- Hoy es un día soleado. (Today it is a sunny day)
Other Spanish words that may be relevant to the topic
- alegre (joyful)
- romántico/a (romantic)
- caluroso (hot)
- soleado (sunny)
- húmedo (humid / damp)
- seco (dry)
- nublado (cloudy)
Also, I recommend all my students that follow my online courses to do the exams that I upload to my website. The topic of this lesson (Seasons, weather and months in Spanish) is included in Spanish Quiz Nbr. 3 (lessons 13 – 19).
You can find a full list of all the video lessons by clicking on the List of Lessons tab on the Main Menu.
To enlarge the video-screen to full-screen, click on the right icon on the lower right corner of the video.